Professional, Infrastructure (Linux Engineer)
This job posting is no longer active.
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 52234
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions.
With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Infrastructure Engineer (Linux/UNIX Engineer) is responsible for supporting Ingram Micro’s Linux/UNIX server environment handling simple to medium complexity Incident tickets, Service Request and Change Requests. He/she will perform a wide variety of installation, configuration, patching and upgrading of servers and related hardware and software. He/she will also provide investigation, root cause analysis, diagnostic testing and troubleshooting.
What you bring to the role:
- Must possess a Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any related course
- At least 2 years working experience on UNIX or Linux platform (Suse, Solaris, AIX, Redhat, CentOs).
- Ability to understand shell scripts for systems administration.
- Advanced skills and abilities in using systems administration tools, commands and processes.
- Ability to resolve problems independently.
- Demonstrates integrity and professionalism in taking responsibility.
- Results-oriented and willing to work on new technologies.
- Able to work independently and self-motivated
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Customer oriented and possess Can-Do attitude
- Able to work on a shifting schedule with Weekend
- One or more of Suse, Redhat, AIX - Advance Administration skills
- Installation and configuration of UNIX/Linux Operating System (Automated/Non-automated)
- Operating system security hardening and patching, installation and diagnostics
- Knowledge in Shell Scripting (KSH, BASH, PERL etc…).
- Skill in Volume Management (LVM, vxfs, Storage Foundation etc…)
- User and account management
Preferred but not required:
- Basic skill in HA/Cluster servers (HACMP, Veritas Cluster, Linux Cluster)
- Basic VMWare ESX/vSphere Administration skills
- Base knowledge of networking
- General understanding of storage and backup systems
- Experience in Web Administration and/or basic application support
- Understanding of ITIL best practices
- Perform 2nd level support for Linux, AIX and Solaris platforms
- Handle incident and change tickets that come into the groups queue.
- Preparing the UNIX/Linux (Solaris, AIX, SuSE/RedHat Linux) Operating System per design specifications.
- Install or assist with the installation of business applications.
- Provide solutions to medium to complex issues/problems.
- Apply configuration change and required fix and patches to meet the ongoing customer, business, and technology requirements.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things that you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.