Senior Backend Developer, Software Development-ESP
Job ID: 52957
Senior Backend Developer
(Cloud Software Development / Hybrid Work)
Join an experienced team with cutting-edge technology, multinational stability, and limitless possibilities for growth.
WHAT IS CLOUDBLUE?
CloudBlue, an Ingram Micro business, is the world’s largest cloud platform provider that orchestrates B2B ecosystems, by enabling management of traditional and digital products and subscriptions, quickly onboarding, and integrating with partners, and scaling globally with a single platform.
CloudBlue is the result of $500 million in investments, and our entrepreneurial scope means we operate with the agility of a high-growth company, but with the confidence and backing of Ingram Micro.
At CloudBlue, you will join a diverse team, led by forward-thinkers, where everyone has a voice and works together; it’s a place where you can keep learning and growing, owning, and delivering the best solutions for large companies like AMX, Telefónica, Vodafone, TUM and many more.
WHY WORK AT CLOUDBLUE?
- AGILE MINDSET WITH THE STABILITY AND SECURITY OF HAVING A MULTINATIONAL BACKING: You get the best of both worlds: the exciting challenges, flexibility and agility of a high-growth company combined with strong financial stability, security, and career development.
- TOP CLASS, HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAMS: You will work with a team of smart people who write high-quality code, senior specialists who know the technology inside out and team leaders who have extensive experience, several with more than 20 years in the software industry.
- PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL GROWTH WITHOUT LIMITS: There will be no limit to your growth, either as an individual contributor or as a leader.
- WE HAVE MICROSERVICES ARCHITECTURE AND CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGY: We are a platform based on microservices architecture, and we use innovative technology, and for sure technology can always be improved, and we are open to this.
- ESSENTIAL PART OF GO-TO-MARKET FOR ALL FEATURES: At CloudBlue you will not only be implementing the features, but you will also be an essential part of maintaining and evolving them, doing things like testing (automated), supportability, and even customer care in some cases.
- CONSTANT COMMUNICATION AND COLLABORATION: At CloudBlue, everyone has a voice and a vote. We value your opinion and encourage you to speak up and share your ideas and thoughts.
- WE ARE MULTICULTURAL AND LEARN FROM EACH OTHER: We are a dynamic multicultural organization from different countries, including Argentina, Colombia, Italy, Russia and more, but we work as one.
- FLEXIBILITY & HYBRID WORK MODEL: You decide how to organize your work and manage your time. We provide a hybrid work model consisting of 2 days from the office and 3 days at home.
WHAT TECHNOLOGIES, TASKS AND METHODOLOGIES WILL YOU WORK WITH?
- We use Java language with microservices architecture for back-end development. You should be a specialist in this type of development.
- We complement our development environment, with other technologies such as Maven, Spring Boot, WildFly (Jboss), Gradle, SQL, Hibernate and Flyway.
- PostgreSQL as a persistence storage.
- Our platform is entirely in the cloud and works with Kubernetes/Azure (AKS)/AWS/GCP, so it will be particularly good if you have experience managing them.
- Tools such as Jenkins, Ansible or Maven are used to make CD/CI testing.
- The team works with agile methodology, mainly SCRUM and KANBAN, adapting it to their needs according to the established objectives.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE?
- We are looking for an expert with more than 3 years of solid, active commercial software development experience.
- Strong knowledge of Java (Core Java/Java EE) paired with solid experience with frameworks: Spring, JDBC, Hibernate, REST Web Services.
- Strong conceptual knowledge of OOPS, Design Patterns, Microservice architecture, and Clean architecture.
- Experience with application servers/servlet containers (WildFly, Tomcat, etc.).
- Practical experience in development and/or maintenance of highly loaded enterprise-grade systems.
- Experience in Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes management.
- SQL experience (specifically PostgreSQL).
- It will be nice plus if you have experience in REST APIs design, front-end skills (Vue/ReactJS, HTML, CSS), developing and deploying applications in cloud platforms (Azure, AWS), DevOps, CI tools (Jenkins, Maven), or Unit test frameworks (Junit, Mockito, Arquillian).
- Being a multicultural company and working with people from different countries, the main working language is English, so it will be essential that you can speak and write in this language to communicate with your coworkers.
WHAT WILL YOUR MISSION BE?
- Design and develop cloud micro-services (E-commerce, service provisioning, etc.) that seamlessly integrates with the rest of the Ingram Micro Cloud portfolio.
- Design of the REST APIs necessary for external clients who use our platform, helping to ensure good communication between the platform and their systems.
- Challenge and redefine existing architectural fundamentals to provide the next level of performance and scalability; ability to foresee post-deployment design challenges, performance, and scale bottlenecks.
- Develop and implement software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
OTHER BENEFITS OF WORKING AT CLOUDBLUE
- Ticket Restaurant meal allowance.
- Private health insurance.
- The office is at the Diagonal 00 building in the Fòrum area. A brand-new office with spacious areas for working, meeting or relaxing, tons of sunlight, a cafeteria, and a kitchen, plus table tennis, arcade games and PlayStation.
- New and complete set up for you: laptop, 2 screens, ergonomic chair, and everything you need to make your workspace as comfortable as possible.
- Drinks, large kitchen, fruit, CSR, and team building activities, and parties in summer and Christmas.
- Yearly salary review based on performance.
- Bonus: When goals are reached, you will be rewarded through our annual global bonus scheme, based on your professional level.
- Career growth: You will find national and international opportunities to grow within the company, both at Ingram Micro and CloudBlue.