Major Incident Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 52544
Description Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012. Position Summary:
The Major Incident Manager plays a critical role in the managing, directing minimizing the risk of critical and high-risk service outages within the Ingram Micro global technology environment. The Major Incident Manager is the catalyst to coordinating real-time service restoration by accelerating the incident response while striving to reduce the duration and impact to business. As a member of the incident resolution team, you will coordinate global technology teams in the assessment of the incident criticality, coordination of support teams, provide incident status communications and drive major incidents to resolution.
The ideal Major Incident Manager will possess the following qualifications:
- Leadership skills to take ownership of the incident and ensure the correct resource are engaged to effectively resolve and restore services
- Have good communication skills with the ability to be able to effectively verbally communicate with support teams and written skills to draft communication and summaries
- Ability to communicate all levels of support teams and management
- A highly motivated team player to drive consensus across the Ingram Micro technology teams
- Ability to lead with integrity and remain calm during successful situations while managing multi treaded resolution tracks while focusing restoration of service
- Possess a basic understanding and experience of computing technologies, networking, and cloud technologies in a large-scale environment
- Understanding of datacenter infrastructure
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies and the Ingram Micro environment to understand and expedite of major incidents
- Ability to absorb and understanding complex technical situations
- Common sense trouble shooting skills with a strong sense of commitment and drive toward incident resolution
- Additional responsibilities will include being a part of the day-to-day operations of the ITSM team
Disclaimer *The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time or as necessitated by business demands.