Sr. Advisor, Vendor Management-USA
Austin, TX, United States
Job ID: 52004
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012. Your Role:
Work as liaison between vendors and organization; provides specialized consultative service and implementing, driving and maintaining vendor programs, marketing, and training; review and negotiate terms of vendor contracts and communicate with vendors regarding day-to-day matters; build and maintain positive relationships with vendors and monitor vendor performance; research invoice and contractual issues and resolve discrepancies. Position may or may not be on sales commission plans. What you bring to the role:
- Recognized both within and outside the organization as thought leader in area of expertise.
- Recommends operational strategies and plans with direct impact on results. Influences business decisions made by leadership.
- Problems are often complex.
- Develops solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious by taking a broad and strategic perspective that anticipates internal and/or external business challenges.
- This is the highest level of technical strategist comparable to senior level management. Individuals that qualify have decades of specialty technology experience.
- Provides a future vision of technology and are on the leading edge of research and development for the corporation.
- Works in a high level of autonomy in a complex environment. Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and critical assignments.
- May strategically lead largest multidisciplinary projects/initiatives. Maintains affiliations and relationships with academic and industry technical experts. Often are pioneers in the technology associated with company products. Highest level of technical expertise.
- Minimum 12 years of related technical experience if possessing a four year college degree; or minimum of 8 years related technical experience if possessing an Advanced degree. Typically requires advanced technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/technologies/processes.
**This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
**Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.