Sr. Professional, Payroll-CAN
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Job ID: 53829
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Here are the some of the competencies that will make you a successful HR Specialist:
- Solid Judgement & Decision-Making Skills
- Initiative & Results-Oriented
- Customer Focused
- Strong Communication Skills
Reporting to the Canadian HR Director the Sr. Professional, Payroll will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for processing company payroll including both hourly and salaried payrolls in multiple provinces.
- Ensures accurate calculation of wages, tax withholdings and company deductions.
- Prepares statistical reports on employee pay, commissions and bonuses; vacation, sick, disability, special payments and workers compensation leave; taxes, withholdings, etc.
- Processes all termination and severance payments. Prepares record of employment for employees
- Prepares and processes all Year End payroll requirements, T4, T2200 etc.
- Handles all inquiries regarding employees’ pay including managing payroll Mailbox
- Develops pertinent communications to employees for payroll updates
- Serves as liaison to employees and with third-party payroll vendors to ensure payroll processing accurately reflects company-specific pay policies.
- Coordinates third-party payroll system implementations and upgrades.
- Reconciles and coordinates all payments for Worker’s Compensation
- Knowledgeable and remains current on all Federal and Provincial legislation, CRA rules, Termination and Severance, and treatment of any special payments
- Assist with audits of internal records, workers’ compensation, tax filings, HR reporting and related documentation.
- May lead/assist in various Payroll/HR projects and process improvements Initiatives.
Education: Completed University Degree or College Diploma in a related program. Working towards or completed CHRP.
Skills Required to be Successful:
- Highly detail-oriented with a focus on quality, accuracy, and accountability
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and stay organized
- Able to problem solved and manage complex issues
- Strong organization skills and accurate filing and record-keeping
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain the confidentiality of information
- Highly action-oriented and results-oriented
- Creative and innovative thinker, a self-starter!
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Minimum of four years of Payroll experience working with multiple payrolls and provinces including Quebec.
Experience and exposure to HRIS systems such as Workday and Payroll System UltiPro would be a definite asset
Our offices are now open following a hybrid work model for our office associates. As part of this approach, we will host some of our interviews on-site and some will continue to be conducted virtually over the phone or through video. As a part of our COVID-19 Safety measures, we will be requesting information about your vaccination status, if you are hired as an Ingram Micro/Ingram Micro Cloud associate.
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.