Sr Cloud Integration Engineer
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
As a Lead Integration Engineer, you are responsible for designing and developing enterprise level services to deliver successful integration of systems across the enterprise. You will be responsible for documenting the interface agreements and the technical specifications for the integration (such as timing and service levels). You will collaborate closely with the Product managers, other engineering teams, and the Global Infrastructure team to deploy the solutions.
You are a technical specialist and a high skilled engineer in global web services, middleware, and serves as the technical lead for all matters concerning Enterprise Integration. You will also be responsible, jointly with Product managers for ensuring proper documentation is made for each system change requested and that adequate change control, rigorous testing and training is done prior to moving changes into production. You will contribute to improving the ability of business teams to adopt, support and promote Ingram Micro capabilities. In addition, you will contribute to continuous improvement initiatives in commerce as a service, integration including assimilating new middleware technologies; business self-service, and measuring and monitoring the performance and reliability of applications to achieve superior customer satisfaction. You will participate with other technical leads and directors in setting the architectural roadmap for services and integration.
What you bring to the role:
As an expert in enterprise Integrations, you will serve in an analytical and technical capacity. You will play a critical role in leading and architecting solutions for systems integrations. You are an experienced Integration Lead with the technical depth to expertly evaluate, recommend, and implement technology solutions with digital platforms (hosted in public cloud), SAP, Mainframe and other Ingram Micro systems. Your role will be instrumental in the global team of information systems analysts and technical teams working together to create consistent and collaborative world-wide solutions and deliver on our corporate strategies.
- Using the high-level business requirements, user stories from the Product team, you will create functional and technical solutions for business transactions to the ERP system (SAP and Mainframe) and other major internal systems, considering performance/security/compliance requirements, volumes, exception handling, and service level agreements.
- You will provide functional oversight and technical leadership to development team.
- You will troubleshoot technical issues and provide break-fix support to application development and functional teams as necessary.
- You will incorporate business requirements into global functional designs (when applicable).
- You will define functional acceptance criteria and execute functional testing prior to integration and user acceptance testing.
- You will coordinate with product managers, business users, and partners to ensure adequate test plans for all new functionalities are developed and incorporated into future baseline testing.
- You will provide product managers with support for integration testing, user acceptance, partner testing, and deployment (go-live) activities as necessary.
- You will provide status on integration activities to product engineering team to ensure that consistent reporting is available for all internal and external stakeholders.
- You will contribute to Disaster Recovery plans and procedures.
- You will contribute to Quality Assurance processes and ITIL process adherence including following change management, incident management and problem management procedures.
- You are an excellent subject matter expertise in dividing complex business scenarios and monolithic technical designs into micro services-based solutions
- You will demonstrate your experience with a broad range of latest enterprise integration development tools and design patterns
- You will build tailored solutions using cutting edge integration development tools and technologies
- You will apply your broad-based development expertise to create practical and innovative solutions
- You will efficiently implement clean, maintainable, and testable software solutions with high availability, blazing speed in performance and fault tolerant.
- You will interact with Software Engineers to integrate with backend services and enterprise systems
- You will apply excellent communications skills, creativity, and practical knowledge to benefit our customers
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Relevant Science and Math disciplines with an IT emphasis
- Experience: 10 years of technical experience, with at least 5+ years of experience with integration development and middleware applications or master’s degree plus 5-7 years of technical experience.
Desired Specialized Skills: The following are skills that are an inherent part of the position that are heavily desired. If not already possessed, it is expected that the candidate is capable of self-developing competencies in these areas within a reasonable timeframe.
- Experience in enterprise cloud-native integrations implementations (using pub/sub, enterprise message bus, event driven services, data streaming services)
- Experience with Web Services (including SOAP, XML, XML Schema, JSON, open APIs and/or REST)
- Must have superior knowledge of Web Services, XML and SOAP. Knowledge of WS-* is desirable.
- Ability to prepare formal technology evaluations and proposals.
- Must be able to create and understand architecture UML based artifacts.
- Demonstrated technical skills and knowledge of eCommerce platforms, Supply Chain automation, ERP (preferably SAP ECC), with expertise in at least one cloud-native middleware platform (GCP, Azure or AWS)
- Thorough understanding and hands on experience with XML, Schema, XPATH and XML parsers is required
- Functional knowledge in at least one of the following functional areas: Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Supply Chain and/or Finance.
- Developer level experience one or more RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, or Sybase.
- Developer level experience in one or more NoSQL DB (Mongo, Couchbase, or any cloud native DBs) experience is a plus.
- JAVA or .NET experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of Unit Testing using tools like JUnit and continuous integration using cloud-native CI/CD solutions.
- Familiarity with LINUX/UNIX and scripting a plus.
- Experience in working in an onsite-offshore model is desirable.
- Creative in delivering value to systems solutions and customer/user requests.
- Proficiency in MS office and SharePoint; Knowledge of Visio and Project desired.
- Experience with Eclipse/TFS/Git and QA tools
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines is essential for a fast-paced environment
- Solid understanding of client deliverables and the ability to take responsibility for them
- Exceptional in both written and spoken English with excellent written and verbal communication skills