Sr. Professional, Infrastructure-IND
Chennai, TN, India
Job ID: 52594
Description Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become one of the world’s largest technology distributors with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
- Provide support and engineering for various Linux (SLES, Redhat, Ubuntu.etc) and Unix (AIX/Solaris) operating system.
- Familiar with different flavor of Linux and Unix operating systems, expert in CIS benchmark, OS hardening and compliance with SOX, SOC1, SOC2, PCI ...etc. Review all the vulnerabilities and remediate them on monthly basis.
- Very good Knowledge in Shell scripting.
- Knowledge with OS provisioning and deployment tools (Ansible, salt, puppet, etc.)
- Handle incident, change and service request that come into the groups queue
- Install or assist with the installation of business applications
- Apply configuration change and required fix and patches to meet the ongoing customer, business, and technology requirements.
- At least 10 years working experience with Linux and Unix operating systems
- Willing to work on shift schedule to support 24/7.
What you bring to the role:
- Four-year college degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field).
- Minimum 10 years functional experience including a minimum of 7 years position specific experience.
- Recognized subject matter expert with specialized knowledge in the function.
- Manages large projects or processes.
- Coaches, reviews, and delegates work to lower-level professionals.
- Problems faced are difficult and often complex. Influences others regarding policies, practices, and procedures.
- Provides solutions to a variety of advanced complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge. May be the in-house expert on specific technologies or within the job function area.
- Complete understanding and wide application of advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts in a specialized field.
- Possess broad knowledge of professional field and other related functions. Goals are provided to the incumbent in form of desired results.
- Determines and develops approach to solve functional area related issues. Possess the strongest of skills acquired through advanced training, study and experience.