Senior Industrial Engineer
Jonestown, PA, United States
Job ID: 54399
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Ingram Micro does $49 Billion in revenue
- Ingram Micro ships 1.5 billion units per year
- We have 189 logistics centers and service centers worldwide
- Operations in 59 countries with 35,000 associates covering 6 continents
- We have 250,000 IT solution provider customers
- We have 2,000 manufacturer partners
- 1 out of 2 mobile devices are distributed in our warehouse
This role is located at our 800,000 sq ft distribution facility in Jonestown, PA. Position Summary:
- Responsible for planning, organizing and conducting independent technical projects for center operations.
- Design, analysis and evaluations requiring engineering concepts, practices and procedures to develop or improve center automated process systems.
- Plans and oversees layout of equipment, office, and production facilities.
- Conducts studies in operations to maximize work flow and spatial utilization.
- Ensures facility efficiency and workplace safety.
- Meets established standards and ensures control of such factors as cost, schedule, risk, quality, safety and equipment utilization.
- Compiles and evaluates test, prepares technical analysis, recommends production methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes.
- Conducts analyses of method and time standards.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure all needs are met.
- Performs and evaluates work measurement and workflow analysis for the establishment of standards and the utilization of facilities.
- Develops plant and equipment layout, capacity plans, workflow and accident prevention measures to maintain efficient and safe utilization of plant facilities.
- Provides instructions and standardizes practices.
- Evaluates new techniques and technological developments for inclusion in the production process.
- Responsible for design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of systems, experimental, devices and specialized test equipment.
- Applications may include electronic circuits, photonics and logic systems.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Assists in the design, construction, test and check-out of test equipment.
- Uses manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university
- 3-4 years of experience as an industrial engineer
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law