Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
In collaboration with assigned business leaders the Sr HRBP will operate as a catalyst in delivering HR solutions to support the specific needs of the business groups and overall business objectives. This position is an individual contributor role that provides global support for the leadership team and their employees in the global Information Technology and Digital Solutions departments. This individual will act as a thought partner, trusted advisor, coach and business partner to the senior leadership team and their associates. The successful candidate will be comfortable performing tactical work and leading change in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This individual will work closely with internal counterparts for successful planning and delivery of HR programs and services to the business. The position is located Irvine, CA.
- In partnership with management up to and including senior members of the executive team, this position creates alignment between people and organizational development strategy and short and long-term business strategy.
- Provides HR expertise and assistance in enhancing company culture while promoting corporate values and mission. Manages change and complex projects in support of organizational objectives. Acts as a change leader within the organization, coaching others in change management.
- Utilizes management metrics and associate feedback tools to identify and act on trends which will proactively: help drive organizational efficiency; improve management quality and effectiveness; make recommendations to enhance company and departmental profitability; improve associate performance; and improve employee retention and engagement.
- Ensures client groups are structured optimally and provide appropriate career paths to enable organizational effectiveness, while driving consistency and alignment across the Company.
- Oversee the talent management pool through the identification and assessment of talent strengths and development opportunities; support management in the preparation of development plans to ensure associates are prepared for future opportunities.
- Conduct workforce planning sessions purposed in helping the organization plan, forecast, and actively manage headcount and compensation expenses. Communicate proactively with the Talent Acquisition Team about projected changes in the business, staffing needs, skill set and competency focus, etc.
- Implement HR best practices and processes such as performance management (in conjunction with the Employee Relations Manager), compensation planning and workforce/succession planning timely and accurately and in compliance with employment law.
- Orient new managers to their people management responsibilities and obligations.
- Liaise with Sr. HRBPs in other areas of the business in order to align/coordinate effort administering HR processes and work collaboratively on cross business/geographical issues.
- Mentor and provide guidance and support to HR Business Partners.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor's Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in Human Resources, Business or other related field plus a minimum of 8 years of strong, progressive HR experience required.
- 5+ years of experience a large corporate environment successfully coaching c-suite level executives and their respective management teams and associates in a large corporate environment.
- 2+ years of experience supporting Information Technology.
- Professional Human Resources designation, such as SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR
- Coaching and consulting skills with demonstrated record of problem solving and organizational development diagnosis skills. Possess the ability to maintain strict confidentiality and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of employment law, policies and procedures is essential.
- Multi-tasking skills to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Solid critical thinking, analytical and quantitative skills. Possess the ability to articulate the complexity of business need and the capability to build/develop practical action plans based upon those needs.
- Excellent teaming, interpersonal, negotiation, and analytical skills are required. Must demonstrate the ability to quickly develop credibility with and influence all levels of associates and management alike.
- Solid understanding of human resources functions and knowledge (i.e., employment law, recruitment, compensation, benefits, learning and development)
- Strong business acumen, encompassing the ability to see the “Big Picture” within a complex, multi-faceted organization, and initiate change management with client groups.
- Self-directed and have experience in facilitating meetings, utilizing effective presentation skills.
- Broad business perspective, encompassing a thorough understanding of business goals, vision and culture. Strong project management skills, strong detail orientation, a demonstrated responsiveness to a high volume of customers, and exceptional interpersonal flexibility is required.
- Proven expertise of HR software tools (i.e., Workday, Jobvite) and proficiency with MS Office 365, MS TEAMS and other products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.