Technical Support Engineer - US (Pre-sales)
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 54746
Description Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions.With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.Position Summary:
- Provide technical solutions and sales support by answering emails, calls, and/or chat transactions.
- Respond or initiate outbound calls within established service level parameters.
- Provide partner resellers and end-users with full technology solutions meeting business needs with an emphasis on customer service and facilitation of sales.
- Records all information accurately in the solution quote during customer dealings.
- Ensuring the accuracy of the solutions provided.
- Apply appropriate pricing (standard or special) on quotations/BOMs, per instructions of internal or external contacts.
- Enroll opportunities for special pricing, deal registrations, and/or available pricing schemes as appropriate.
- Process electronic/ BID requests from customers within established turnaround time.
- Attend all scheduled training; participate in vendor refresher sessions and communication enhancements.
- Work with supervisor in identifying knowledge and communication gaps and obtain the required information or necessary training.
- Develop a clear understanding of internal & vendor resources and be able to use them efficiently.
- Develop an understanding of products to ensure quality catalog descriptions and attached options.
- Accomplish assigned tasks timely and effectively. Complete add-on assignments within the established deadline and with 100% accuracy.
- Good English verbal and written communication skills, including listening & comprehension
- Proficient in the use of basic Microsoft Office
- Process specific tool navigation skills and keyboarding
- Skilled in basic sales & time management
- Technical Requirements
- Minimum AA degree or 2 years of University studies required. Technical certifications and/or Bachelor’s degree in computer-related studies preferred.
- Able to: Learn complex proprietary systems, Work as a team member or independently, Relay/share information accurately
- Must be: Able to work on flexible, shifting hours, as needed
- Previous work experience required for regular hire:
- Two (2) years of related experience in help desk, network technician, or technical sales (hardware).
- For fresh graduates: Bachelor’s degree in any IT/ Computer-related course
- Basic knowledge of technology for corresponding product line being profiled for (e.g. servers, networking, hardware and peripherals, etc)