Technology Consultant II - VMware Field
This job posting is no longer active.
Rochester, NY, United States
Job ID: 53936
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
- Responsible for field consultant engagement driving VMWare solutions, pipeline focus, internal and external training, ability to demo products on-site and remotely.
- Working in a technical support facility or call center, incumbents ensure that customers receive the highest quality hot-line technical support.
- Responds to customer service inquiries regarding company products, features and/or services.
- Researches, documents and communicates recurring technical issues.
- Facilitates and coordinates Returned Material Authorization (RMA) as necessary.
- Will provide multiple levels of escalated support based on the complexity of the technical issue.
- Will refer problems of an unusual or complex, nature to university degreed engineers/Technical Solutions Professional.
- Associates in this job have technical knowledge typically acquired from a technical certification or Company training programs.
- Professionals levels typically have a university education in an engineering specialty.
- Provides engineering support to customers, customer support personnel and field support staff on systems and product issues.
- Works with customer and company personnel to define technical problem, determine the solution and assist customer in implementing the fix.
- May be called on-site to assist in complex technical solutions.
- Creates tests, tools, and diagnostic procedures for use by product support personnel.
- May quality check technical product documentation.
What you bring to the role:
- VMware certification, strong datacenter background, field sales or pre sales experience.
- Recognized master in professional discipline within own business unit and across the company.
- Implements strategic goals.
- Establishes operational plans for job area.
- Develops and implements new products, processes, standards or operational plans that will have impact on the achievement of functional results.
- Significantly improves on existing process and practices.
- Applies a broad perspective to provide innovative solutions to a variety of complex issues.
- Novel solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with business area objectives.
- Internally recognized technical or business contributor. Integrates research and emerging technologies into company product platforms.
- Internally recognized as a premier technical, industry or product specialist.
- Incumbents charged with maintaining highest knowledge of relevant technologies, emerging business/ industry trends, competitive technical direction and product direction.
- Provide broad architectural design into company products, policies and procedures.
- Possesses a highly specialized level of technical expertise or business acumen.
- Extensive breadth and depth of knowledge arrived through exposure to emerging technical advancements or complex business situations.
- Four year college degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field).
- Minimum 10 years functional experience including a minimum of 5 years position specific experience.
- Ability to make significant contributions to the company.
* This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
* Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.