Field System Engineer
Knutsford, Cheshire, Cheshire, United Kingdom
Job ID: 54414
Location: Staffordshire, Cheshire
Salary: Up to £30,000 D.O.E plus company car, full training, certifications, paid over time, all expenses paid
Due to continued growth Comms-Care are looking for a talented Field Systems Engineer to join our Technical Services Team on a permanent basis.
At Comms-Care we pride ourselves on delivering outstanding service to our customers.
This role will give you an opportunity to develop existing skills working on a variety of projects and break-fix calls. You will receive initial training and on-going development with opportunities to complete certificates such as CCNA and/or MCSA.
As a Senior Field Systems Engineer you will…
Work within the Technical Services team and be responsible for providing the technical support skills to our customers both onsite and remotely.
- Installing and supporting network devices, PCs and Servers for our customers.
- Remote and onsite troubleshooting
- Facilitating customer adds, moves & changes, customer rollouts and other project based installs.
- There will also be an On Call requirement of not more than 1 week in 3.
- Pre-staging of router and switch installations according to documentation
- Installation and support of varied desktop and server estate
- Installation of network equipment at varied customer locations UK wide
- Project based site survey and documentation
- Assist with customer add, move and change requirements
- On-site support of customer faults
- Site visits to assess and swap non-functional equipment
The ideal candidate for the System Engineer opportunity will have…
Knowledge of the following would be advantageous:
- Well organised with good communication skills and excellent spoken/ written English.
- Experience providing network and PC/ Server field engineering services to high profile customers
- A flexible approach to work and prepared 'go the extra mile' to exceed customer expectations.
- Applies knowledge and skills through handling problems beyond own area of expertise
- Cisco, Draytek, Zyxel, Netgear routers
- Cisco, 3Com and HP switches
- 1st/ 2nd line Server/PC hardware break fix support
- CompTIA Server + or CompTIA A +
- HPE or Dell accredited specialist
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP
- Microsoft MCP/MCSA
Who you are…
- Customer Obsessed: Inherently understands customer needs and provides the best customer experience.
- Team Collaborator: Work across internal and external teams of all levels to proactively support the customer.
- Business wisdom: Understanding of the customers’ business outcomes and how you can support the customer
- Results Driven: Interest in driving customer to their outcomes.
- Effective Communicator: Delivers complex information in a confident and convincing manner, appropriate to a diverse audience.
Comms-care is a leading provider of channel network & server support solutions. We assist over 700 channel partners and support to over 30,000 active support contracts. Comms–care manages all aspects of IT lifecycle, from consultancy, design and implementation to managed services and reactive field support covering technologies such as Routing & Switching, Security, Servers, Desktops, Voice & Unified Communications, and Wireless.
- 23 Days annual leave excluding bank holiday (31 in total)
- Get your birthday off!
- On-call allowance (1 in 4)
- Over-time paid (lots to take advantage of)
- Training and support towards Cisco & Microsoft certifications such as CCNA & MCSE
- Company car & Fuel card (can be used for personal use)
- Mobile phone & Laptop
- All expenses paid
- Breakfast & Late meal allowance (for Field Engineers visiting client sites)
- Grading structure & career progression
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health care plan
- Various incentives throughout the year and annual company awards night