Ingram Micro Cloud is a “startup like” business arm of the larger Ingram Micro – and we’re growing absurdly fast. We are the world’s largest cloud platform provider, enabling any business to provide cloud solutions to anyone. We are committed to helping our partners drive new ways of doing business with an infinite ecosystem of cloud solutions, platform technology, enablement programs, and relationships with the biggest players in the cloud industry.
Today, we deliver the world’s broadest, fully automated marketplace of cloud services. We have a proven track record of success and expertise in SaaS, IaaS, UCaaS, IoT, and Cybersecurity, and a large footprint in the channel that allows our partners to grow faster than any others. Currently, Ingram Micro is the world’s largest technology distributor, with operations in 61 countries and more than 29,000 associates.
This is where YOU come in!
Our ideal candidate is someone who possesses excellent communication skills, thought leadership in their role, and an innovative problem solver who isn’t afraid to think outside-of-the-box to provide the best solutions for our partners.
Cloud Technical Consultant for IaaS serves as the technical lead for Microsoft Azure IaaS solutions & services sold and provisioned by Ingram Micro channel partners. Qualified candidates will have experience in working with channel partner leadership, and background of influencing decision- makers in the following:
- Contribution to sales tactics, practice development and strategy of the Infrastructure as a Service Presales Team
- Solving customer challenges with Azure solutions, outcomes, and services
- Microsoft Azure architecture, design, deployment, and optimization
- Consult & resolve complex challenges for opportunities & growth
- Pro-active platform review and guidance of customer environment including costing, billing and reporting
- Advise & direct for the desired customer experience using architectural blueprints
- Build reseller, vendor, and internal partner relationships, gain trusted status for transparent collaboration and planning of business needs. Work with IaaS internal and vendor consultants to define, design, and implement business process-based solutions
- Comprehensively educate partners and Ingram Micro associates on best-in-class Cloud solutions to facilitate the building of practices in areas of focus.
- Raise the technical proficiency of the partner to win more business through sound product and technical focus and market relevance.
- Understands the partner sales organization and identifies and engages key stakeholders.
- Proactively present information on new and emerging products, technologies and services to help reseller partners to capitalize on new market opportunities and increase end-user reach and loyalty.
- Effectively articulate benefits of technologies, products and services above and beyond the “speeds and feeds” illustrating increased operational efficiency, profitability, or governance through use of tools and solutions.
- Play a larger role consulting internally for the company and is sought out by management/executives to lend support or validate strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for outlining/mentoring IaaS Pre-Sale technical resources on the foundation of knowledge, defining processes and workflows, gaining user adoption, and define establish guidelines of best practices.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 7 years of directly related experience. (High school grad or equivalent with a minimum of 9 years of related experience)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Other Microsoft Certifications or certifications from other Cloud OEM’s desirable
- Previous experience working on technical channel development.
- Previous experience working on reseller education and enablement in Mid-range & Enterprise technology solutions for data center, communications, networking, security or Point-of-Sale.
- Knowledge IT industry and channel related to technologies are important.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and work towards a common goal
- Work independently as well as in group/team settings
- Competitive tech industry salaries
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K Matching
- Vacation + Sick Days
- Work Life Balance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Commission Structure
- Bonus Opportunities
- HSA and FSA
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Swag from the coolest vendors in Tech
- Mentorship & Career Growth Opportunities
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.