Warehouse Associate III
San Diego, CA, United States
Job ID: 55266
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $64 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 61 countries and more than 29,000 associates. Position Summary:
What you bring to the role:
- Responsible for the handling, moving, loading and unloading of materials by hand or by using a variety of material handling equipment.
- Opens and seals crates, boxes, cartons, and other containers. Collects, sorts, stores and distributes materials.
- Process orders from requisitions and dispense stock items.
- May assist in inventory of stock, including stock rotation.
- Responsible for the shipping, receiving and processing of freight according to company policies and procedures.
- Ensures the orderly stocking and/or timely delivery of merchandise. Maintains and updates the purchase order system as shipments are received, cancelled, or back ordered.
- Processes inventory paperwork. Updates management on all inventory issues on a regular and as-needed basis.
- May participate in activities including kit and bundle breakdown and component sorting.
- Seasoned individual contributor. Works under limited supervision for routine situations.
- Provides assistance and training to lower level employees. Problems typically are not routine and require analysis to understand. Makes minor adjustments to working methods.
- Explains practices, procedures and policies to reach agreement wit others outside of the job area.
- Provides administrative or technical support at a senior level.
- Proficient in the various competencies relevant to their job.
- May act as a lead or mentor to more junior technical or administrative support personnel.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Generally works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function. Normally receives little instruction on daily work. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments. May be informal team leader.
Two year college degree or equivalent experience and minimum 3 year experience in functional area. OR High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 years functional experience, preferably at a senior level. Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.