Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
The Director, Cisco Global Vendor Engagement will develop and facilitate the profitable partnership and strategic oversight of the entire global Cisco vendor relationships, successfully delivering high-quality results in accordance with our core values and organization design principles. The successful candidate will bring to this role a wealth of knowledge and experience across the full spectrum, inclusive of ability to leverage cloud in go-to-market strategy among all product offerings from vendor to distributor to reseller to end-user; and the right mindset, behaviors and attitude to lead the joint $10b global Cisco vendor relationship.
Primary responsibilities of the Director:
- Manage the increasing complexity of Cisco’s strategy, driving both vendor engagement and digital transformation as outlined below
- Ensure we have the right mix of revenue, focusing on sustainable quality growth, profitability and long-term trending via robust strategic plans that best represent One Ingram as well as Cisco’s respective and soon overlapping ecosystem of products and services
- Identify new business opportunities, develop strategies, and build exclusive programs that accelerate growth in key areas, while gaining incremental funding from Cisco to support those programs
- Direct and develop sales, marketing, pricing, purchasing and vendor rebate strategies to ensure the overall profitability of the Cisco business for Ingram Micro
Cisco’s architectures within IM’s overall GTM strategy
- Focus on IM’s overall strategic growth areas in Cyber Security & IoT, build out capabilities inside IM needed to adopt new emerging and high profitability architectures from Cisco
- Looking towards the future to ensure we have the right mix of revenue, focusing on growth and profitability and long-term trending
- Build Ingram exclusive programs to accelerate growth in key areas, while gaining incremental funding from Cisco to support those programs
Global collaboration & alliance management
- Central owner of executive engagement with Cisco, incl. growth plans and strategies, internal and external communication channels
- Build out Cisco portfolio and IM’s access to it across all IM countries
- With over 500 associates WW, this role needs to work with country and regional leaders to ensure were structure for success and executing at all levels
- Provide assistance for countries underperforming, while sharing best practices from those overachieving
Digital transformation towards Cisco:
- With the support of our XVantage & CloudBlue capabilities, build a unique engagement with Cisco that sets Ingram apart as a unique Global Service Provider and Aggregator
- Understand Ingram’s technical value proposition of our different Cloud & Automation offerings such as Recurring Billing, and drive for change and adoption on Cisco’s side of that value proposition
- Be able to articulate it to Cisco’s different internal channel organization but also ‘beyond’ towards Cisco’s separate GTM organization
Maximize the ecosystem:
- Leverage Country/BUs as a strategic advantage and execute our value proposition and partner strategies to deliver shareholder value
- Support and enable partner trade opportunities by leveraging global sales programs that manage deals at a country level
- Connect partners with other Ingram partners, domestically and internationally, for joint venture deals
- Host annual meetings with regional and country leaders to plan and build for a successful future
- Develop global QBR, newsletters, dashboards, executive briefs, and performance reports
- Structure overall growth plans by fostering a high-performance culture through exceptional leadership and engagement strategies
- Single point of contact within Ingram Micro for anything Cisco and within Cisco for anything Ingram Micro
- Manage all global programs and vehicles, while overseeing problems spots and sharing best practices to help underperforming countries
- Central funnel for communication and collaboration within business units, countries, and regional leaders to drive results and achieve goals
- Partner with sales, operations, technical support, and licensing leadership to achieve business plan objectives
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field required with MBA preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in distribution, technology, product, or services industries with 6+ years in a senior leadership capacity and ideally team leadership/people management
- Global experience in Cisco sales/business development/vendor management and distribution
- Extensive technical aptitude and knowledge of Cisco distribution channels relative to assigned product categories
- Deep knowledge of complex financial data and ability to communicate cause and effect on operating income
- Successful background implementing strategies that result in positive impact
- Understanding of customer strategic and tactical direction
- Expertise in face-to-face presentations including ability to communicate and sell ideas with strong negotiation skills to address large audiences, both internal and external to vendors and customers.
- Open-mindedness and cultural capacity
- Dealing with multiple stakeholders, internally and externally
- Working in matrix environment within GPE role, i.e., overlay business development function in single capacity, but at high strategic and executive exposure
- Advanced technology acumen and pre/post sales capabilities
Candidates will stand out by exhibit the following attributes:
- Critical understanding of Cisco product and business lifecycles; in particular, past experience with the build-out of professional services related to open-source competencies; pre-sales technical level desired.
- Extensive experience in developing programs that increase customer satisfaction, addressable market, product portfolio and revenue
- Ability to identify new opportunities and exploit them to the benefit of the company
- The ability to say “no” to ideas and activities that do not enable the achievement of overall strategic objectives
- Create focus and attention on key actions to drive results
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, both, conceptual and analytical, with a proven ability to turn findings into executable plans
- Ability to influence across the organization at multiple levels
- Demonstrated initiative to work independently and with teams interchangeably
- Proven experience in managing teams including ability to provide direction, understand resource capability and successfully drive results
- Ability to work under pressure and tight schedule
- Ability to use judgment to make the best decisions possible with imperfect information and less than adequate time
- Creative thinking: should possess the ability to develop and create new ideas, systems, and relationships for the success of the company
- Planning skills: should have the ability to develop specific plans and goals to help in accomplishing tasks efficiently
- Ability to resolve disputes and conflicts
- Motivating skills: able to encourage and build team spirit among staff, bringing about mutual respect and cooperation
Position may require occasional travel, including international travel.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.