- Permanent Opportunity to be based anywhere in Brisbane
- Flexible work culture with hybrid model
- An opportunity to work with Global Team
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $55 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 33,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
About the Role :
As a part of the Global Technical Operations Team, the Platform Engineer is responsible for continuously operating, managing and supporting Cloud Platforms of our customers with the goal of maintaining a highly available, scalable, reliable and secure platform. In capacity of Platform engineer your main goals will be performing and automating operational activities such as but not limited to: products deployment and configuration, product catalog maintenance, platform updates delivery, validating implemented changes, system administration of underlying infrastructure.
Platform Engineer will focus on executing operational and maintenance tasks, developing, executing, supporting and maintaining automation tools. Daily tasks will range from supporting product rollouts, maintaining multiple operational environments, troubleshooting issues and contributing to improvements of processes, platforms and supporting its components. We are looking for a technology innovator who will be able to propose new ideas, work with technology teams to implement ideas and operationalize them once successful.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Continuously improve operational efficiency by automating manual tasks and processes
- Actively contribute to internal automation toolset by developing new and improving of existing tools
- Deploy, configure, maintain and manage customers’ Cloud Platforms and its components
- Analyze and understand requirements for customers’ requests and implement accordingly
- Maintain and support developed solutions
- Collaborate with platform and connectors R&D teams in order report software issues as well as request improvements in order to satisfy customer experience satisfaction
- Prepare deployment, configuration and process documentation
- Monitoring of systems’ health and performance, improving monitoring process
- Support customers by investigating and successfully resolving reported issues
- Maintain platform security by following established security and data protection procedures, perform security hardening by applying suggested configuration changes
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a System Administrator or related position
- Excellent system administration skills
- Understanding of SDLC
- 3+ years of scripting or development experience
- Good experience in writing script in bash and/or PowerShell
- Good Linux Server Administration skills – CentOS, Redhat
- Webservers & Databases – Tomcat, Apache, MSSQL, Azure SQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience working with IaaS/Cloud services of Azure (preferred), AWS and/or GCP
- Experience writing and optimizing SQL queries
- By having knowledge of SaaS and PaaS and previous experience in eCommerce management, by thriving in a “startup-like” environment and being excited about the impact you will make.
Expectations from a Candidate:
- Deliver results doing what it takes to get things done on time
- Work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Clear understanding of cloud technologies and offerings from Azure, AWS and GCP
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with strong teamwork abilities
- Demonstrated strong written communication and speaking skills
- Knowledge of bug tracking and documentation systems such as Jira and Confluence
- Solid understanding of API concepts and types
- Understanding of subscription-based services, subscriptions lifecycle and billing concepts
- Ability to learn and adapt to new services, systems, and technologies in a dynamic technical infrastructure
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation: technical and process documentation, product requirements documents, feature requests
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment and provide significant contributions both individually and as part of a greater team
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Cloud Blue Commerce (formerly: Odin Automation)
- Python, Azure, LPI, Microsoft, Postgres, MSSQL certifications would be a big plus
- Experience working with Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, Terraform, Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- Experience working with API, manual execution as well as automating by writing scripts
- Experience working with monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
At Ingram Micro, we treat each other with dignity & respect, providing an environment where you are always encouraged to be yourself. We are a collaborative team who like to challenge the status quo and constantly look for better ways to serve our colleagues & customers. Some of our benefits include:
- Genuine Career Progression Opportunities
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Work alongside leading Vendors and industry professionals
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Staff Purchase Policy & Benefits Scheme
- Paid Birthday Leave
We believe our people are our most important asset which is why we endeavour to create a positive & rewarding environment for our teams.
WE will make YOUR career adventure OUR journey!
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of click “Apply”.