Associate Network Admin / Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 55275
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions.
With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Network Engineer is responsible for the lifecycle and maintenance of Network devices Globally making sure that all the devices are complying within the supportable Hardware/IOS/Firmware versions (upgrades, patching, decommissioning etc.). The person is also going to be responsible in tracking down the maintenance contracts and licenses of the network devices from all sites.
- Must possess a Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or any related course
- At least 1 year Network experience
- Possess a professional attitude and work ethic
- Demonstrates integrity and professionalism in taking responsibility.
- Results-oriented and willing to work on new technologies.
- Able to work independently and self-motivated
- Good documentation skills (network diagrams, process flows, knowledge base etc…)
- Customer oriented and possess Can-Do attitude
- Ability to communicate clearly with a wide range of people such as peers, managers, customers, and vendors via phone or email.
- Basic experience in maintenance activities.
- Basic technical experience on Network Systems Administration and Maintenance (Cisco routers, switches, wireless, firewalls, load balancer, SDWAN etc…)
- Basic skills and abilities in using network systems administration tools, commands, and processes.
- Basic understanding of DNS, DHCP, VLAN, SDWAN etc…
Preferred but not required:
- Technical writing skills
- Scripting/automation skills
- Understanding of ITIL best practices
- Perform Lifecycle Management of Network devices globally
- Perform maintenance activities and apply patches to all Network devices globally
- Enforce infrastructure standards and guidelines
- Collaborate with GNS OPS and Engineering and other support teams
- Work with different vendors to manage licenses and maintenance contracts
- Own and manage customer issues and see problems through to resolution.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things that you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.