SAP Senior Professional - ABAP
Chennai, TN, India
Job ID: 55509
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 35,000 associates. Position Summary: Ensures optimal performance for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems ; implements, evaluates and designs ERP systems and applications; troubleshoots ERP-related issues and monitors ERP systems security; installs new releases, system upgrades and patches, as required. May perform ERP systems administration work focuses on vendor selection, configuring, maintaining, and generating reports for an Enterprise pResource Planning system including: Processing ERP information and maintaining records in the system; generating ERP reports and conducting analyses on ERP data; Ensuring the accuracy of information entered into the system and testing new features of the system as they are implemented to verify accuracy of ERP procedures; Troubleshooting for hardware, software and system problems that involve ERP modules. What you bring to the role: Seasoned professional individual contributor. Works independently with limited supervision. May manager projects/processes. Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals. Problems faced are difficult and often complex. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures. Provides solutions to a variety of complex technical and business matters. Will champion significant projects, programs and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity. May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job. Incumbents provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in his/her area of specialization. Generally free to determine work priorities based on general direction from managers. Specialist in technical or business skills. Individuals with a customer focus have developed the acumen to cultivate and develop lasting customer relations. Four year college degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field). Minimum 5 years functional experience including a minimum of 3 years specific experience. Ability to make significant contribution to processes and systems. *This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
We are seeking a highly motivated, customer focused, team-oriented SAP BRIM Billing Consultant with specialization in FICA Module and good experience with convergent invoicing and other modules which make up SAP BRIM You will be an integral part of a team responsible for implementing and enhancing SAP BRIM for our fast-growing Subscription and Services related business. You will also be working closely with our product engineering team to further enhance and deploy Ingram owned product that supports Subscription Management, Rating & Charging. Additionally, you will be a key participant in other initiatives like innovation, customer experience and process improvement within our Subscription and Services business.
The ideal candidate will have tons of energy to take problems head on and find the right solution; will have good process knowledge in Subscription business and be familiar with the latest industry treands are a plus. Our Subscription business is fast paced and ever changing. We are seeking someone who can stay up to the market pace and provide the right business support using SAP BRIM /CI-FICA. The candidate should have a strong command of processes within FICA and a good understanding and knowledge of Convergent Invoicing, and integration with SOM and CC Modules. You will play an integral role in building a state of the art billing system for Ingram Micro business using SAP BRIM on S4 1909.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Support project design sessions with stakeholders to define requirements
- Utilize knowledge of SAP CI FICA to design solutions which meet business objectives
- Using your experience with BRIM and CI/FICA, integration with SAP FICO, SD, Tax bolt-ons and other third party tools, provide input into solutions to meet business goals
- Provide input in to the development of solution documents, create functional design documents, Configuration rational documents, test scripts and test plans
- Manage data conversion objects along with data mapping and perform data conversions
- Review and understand all existing processes as configured in the SAP FI-CA module, including client specific enhancements and customizations
- Provide input on opportunities for improvement and design solutions
- Support all aspects of the project lifecycle
- Create documentation as needed in order to transition knowledge to end users and support staff
- Provide go-live project support and facilitate knowledge transition
- Expand SAP and related business process knowledge through participation in related user groups
Percent of time spent in this area…80%
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to a high-performance environment.
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed, motivated, and comfortable working in an extremely fast paced environment
- Good problem-solving skills with good attention to detail and accuracy
- Exhibit accountability in word and actions, strong work ethic, high energy and results oriented
- Fully understand Ingram Micro’s policies and procedures and act in accordance with all company policies.
Percent of time spent in this area…10%
- Adhere to project priorities and deadlines and proactively communicate risks and/or issues that may impact project objectives, budgets or timelines
- Follow PMO guidelines for project delivery and methodology and assist in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities (processes, people) to improve project delivery and/or development methodologies.
Percent of time spent in this area…10%
III. JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Relevant Science and Finance disciplines with an IT emphasis is required.
- A minimum of 3+ years of SAP FICA experience, with at least 1 E2E Global Deployment in FICA.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related Science and Math discipline with an IS emphasis is required
- 5+ years of SAP Finance experience and 3+ years of SAP CI FICA experience with at least 1 E2E Global Deployment in FICA.
- 3+ years of experience in the SAP CI/ FICA module, including configuration experience and integrating CC (or similar rating and charging engine) with CI/ FICA module
- Responsible for all requirement gathering, configuration, documentation, and testing of the billing/invoicing work stream. Configuration activities included all FICA billing and invoicing configuration, collection management, account determination configuration and correspondence design and implementation
- Configuration and testing experience in BRIM Billing and FICA
- Experience in interacting with business leads to define implementation strategies, business requirements and solution design related to BRIM Billing Processes.
- Accounting background and good process knowledge in Services or utility business is highly preferred.
- Proven ability to quickly learn existing Business Processes and combine knowledge from multiple disciplines (e.g. SAP capability, Standard services industry best practice) in order to produce an optimal business solution
- Ability effectively coordinate multiple priorities in a dynamic and changing global environment and also in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Adapt at understanding customer challenges, navigating from problem to resolution and communicating process and resolution effectively both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably with all levels of management and staff
- Hands-on experience in configuration is a must in CI and FICA
- Integration experience with SAP FICO (SD) is a must; experience in RAR, FSCM, Vertex Integration and Offer to Cash process is desired
- Good business and accounting acumen, understanding of tax and statutory reporting integration
- Services/Telecom industry knowledge is a plus