Associate Professional, Operations-UAE
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job ID: 55389
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology. No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world.
Ingram Micro's global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud, and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Associate Professional, Operations The successful candidate will possess strong consulting skills and possess in-depth experience in security operations, cyber threat intelligence, and computer incident response to work with Ingram Micro services team.
About the role: “Warehouse Operations Associate”
- Oversee the day to day Inbound/Outbound function in the warehouse in compliance with the procedures and guidelines set by the company.
- Ensure that all tasks are executed within the given deadlines and maintain Material Inward/Outward schedule, Put Away on locations and GRN as per agreed Service Level (SLA)
- Ensure errorless pick, scan, pack and releasing of sales orders as per delivery schedule.
- Control and improve the warehouse productivity in LEAN process.
Major Responsibility: Planning & organizing work flow & work load / Space management skills/ optimum space utilization to ensure all Inbound jobs are completed and updated to BU/Purchase within the given time line.
- Coordinate with the Warehouse In-charge/Import team on incoming shipments and plan warehouse space with coordination of Inventory team and arrange to offload, check and arrange to rack the goods on GRN.
- Ensure all damages and discrepancies are logged and communicated with import/inventory/warehouse in-charge without delay, mentioned the remarks on POD while releasing.
- All incoming material to be inward using Warehouse Management system (WMS)
- Communicate all delays or variances in Warehouse Inbound to the appropriate persons to ensure all concerned persons are updated on all open jobs.
- Delegate the racking of all incoming shipments and ensure accurate location numbers are entered in the system
- Ensure that Warehouse Outbound/Inbound operations are conducted as per agreed service levels.
Major Responsibility: Knowledge & implementation of Health & safety of the warehouse premises
- Ensure the forklift machines and tools for warehouse requirements are maintained properly.
- Perform periodical check about the conditions and usage of WH tools and MHE’s and take necessary actions to fix the issues.
- Provide training and drive the team.
- Adhere Jebel Ali Warehousing, Customs rules & regulations
- Absolute compliance of company policies and procedures at all times.
Major Responsibility: Customer focus – ensure timely inward of received material.
- Ensure received material is first offloaded at inbound staging area, segregated and then pushed to the location following WMS Putaway process.
- In association with the warehouse assistants, check and physically count all incoming shipments against the invoice and packing list received and report any discrepancy to the Warehouse/Inventory In-charge
Major Responsibility: Managing Labor relations
- Always display a professional and friendly manner with all the colleagues and internal/External customers.
- Any other tasks decided by the Warehouse-In charge / Logistics Manager
Decision Making Authority Level
Decisions free to make:
- Inbound Shipments Scheduling
- Staging Area Space Allocation
Explain the decisions that depend on position’s advice:
- Extra Temporary Manpower required
- Additional Machine Hiring
- Overtime Expenditure
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
- Minimum Graduate or above from reputed Institute in Warehouse or Operations Management.
- Experience: 3-5 years or above in medium to Large size warehouse operation.
- Good Analytical skill including delivering against SLAs and measurable KPIs.
- Knowledge of stock keeping and warehouse management functions.
- Knowledge and experience of using Warehouse Management System (WMS) including handheld/PDA devices is must.
- Knowledge of U.A.E. and Jebel Ali warehousing, customs rules and regulations
- Knowledge of Lean.
- Proficient in MS office such as Excel, word, outlook & etc.
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong people management & developing skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in an international IT distribution environment or warehousing company.