Sr. Professional, Vendor Management-CAN IBM
This job posting is no longer active.
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Job ID: 55088
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
- Four-year college degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field).
- Minimum 5 years functional experience including a minimum of 3 years specific experience.
- Ability to make significant contribution to processes and systems.
- Work as liaison between vendors and organization; provides specialized consultative service and implementing, driving, and maintaining vendor programs, marketing, and training; review and negotiate terms of vendor contracts and communicate with vendors regarding day-to-day matters;
- Build and maintain positive relationships with vendors and monitor vendor performance;
- Research invoice and contractual issues and resolve discrepancies.
- Position may or may not be on sales commission plans.
What you bring to the role:
- Seasoned professional individual contributor.
- Works independently with limited supervision.
- May manager projects/processes.
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals.
- Problems faced are difficult and often complex.
- Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Provides solutions to a variety of complex technical and business matters.
- Will champion significant projects, programs and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity.
- May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job.
- Incumbents provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in his/her area of specialization.
- Generally free to determine work priorities based on general direction from managers.
- Specialist in technical or business skills.
- Individuals with a customer focus have developed the acumen to cultivate and develop lasting customer relations.
- *This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Our offices are now open following a hybrid work model for our office associates. As part of this approach, we will host some of our interviews on-site and some will continue to be conducted virtually over the phone or through video. As a part of our COVID-19 Safety measures, we will be requesting information around your vaccination status, if you are hired as an Ingram Micro/Ingram Micro Cloud associate.
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.