Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
This role would be responsible of the administration of the data bases inside the team and will define the best ways to maintain and configure different tasks to reduce the time of processing information through the business. This will help to reduce the customer experience impact inside and outside the organization. Will be responsible of creating business plans and generate working sessions with the specific details of his or her needs to perform his or her task.
Will generate the needed structure to deliver to the customers an efficient and reliable database, he or she will ensure that the information has the specific security systems implemented and optimized.
The focus will be on generating data structures and automations of the data transfer processes that meet the rules of the business, he will act as a business analyst to identify opportunity areas to achieve the SLAs and the performance targets based on the needs of the business.
Should give support to all the areas detecting the impact of the issues and attend their requirements using query optimization, creation of packages, data cubes, schemas or any other tool or method available to help with the performance.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Data Cube / Data Base Creator: % of Time is 30%. Pull data from multiple sources. Understand client’s data objectives and translate business need into the appropriate technical data model. Create the database or data cube and review that it fulfills the needs of the business.
- Data Optimization: % of Time is 30%. Modify and implement models or technics that will help us to maximize the performance of our reports, dashboards, applications, etc. meeting the SLA defined by the business.
- Model Migration: % of Time is 30%. Work closely with the IS team to communicate the changes of the models and ensure that they meet the requested policies, he or she will also define eta, status and keep the tracking of the pending changes that the business needs, it should have the ability to adopt the global models and implement them inside the local databases.
- RPA Analysis: % of Time is 10%. Analyze and document projects related to RPA and establish a good optimization of the Data Base based on the requirements and expectations of the business.
III. JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Mid-Level DBA Experience managing Cloud and SQL databases technologies at least 2 years.
- Experience troubleshooting and implementing performance skills (index, query optimization, schema, etc.)
- Knowledge creating SSIS, SSAS, ETL or any other program to migrate data to a database
- Understand client’s objectives and translate business need into processes or requirements.
- Experience in getting large data sets, identifying performance issues and security problems.
- Synthesize findings, develop recommendations and communicate results to clients and internal teams
- Experience with cleaning, aggregating, and pre-processing data from varied sources.
- High experience using SQL queries for standard, knowing database design, data integration or similar.
- Knowledge in analysis of projects in RPA and the implementation of models or techniques.
- Implementation of database models cross countries and through all the organization.
Position Summary: Liaison between the business/end users and IT systems development teams for business needs requiring IT based solutions including: identifying and analyzing business needs, conducting requirements gathering, and defining scope and objectives, making recommendations for solutions or improvements to business processes that can be accomplished through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology, researching business requirements and documenting the relationships between the components of the application system (i.e., end users, business processes, data, applications, and devices), translating business requirements into application requirements. Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements. Assess available technologies to create development specifications as well as detailed test cases. Assist with testing to analyze results. May play a key role in training employees on application, database, and operating systems. Position reports into the user group. What you bring to the role: Established and productive professional individual contributor. Works independently with general supervision. Problems faced are difficult and may be complex. May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices. Works on moderate to complex projects. Uses company standard policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Receives moderate level of guidance. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall accuracy. General proficiency with various tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job. May need to consult with Senior/Specialist staff members on some technical issues. A four year college degree (or additional experience in a related field) and 3 years functional experience including a minimum 1 year position specific experience. *This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.