This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 55660
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
- Sells or renews the company’s products and/or services via telephone or electronic means to assigned territory, industry, or accounts.
- May generate prospective customers through cold calling and may qualify and follow up with sales leads.
- Focus on lead qualification and lead prospecting.
- Sales can be made through multichannel, inbound and/or outbound sales activities.
- Have technical knowledge of products, systems and services.
- May be responsible for large, diverse, complex territories and/or products.
- May overlay to the field sales force, typically supporting the initiatives of the field sales organization and carrying an individual or team quota that is shared with the field.
- Keeps up-to-date knowledge of the industry, as well as the competitive posture of the company, and prepares activity and forecast reports as requested.
- Has thorough knowledge of company products, systems and services. May direct customers to website or other company resources for information.
- May act as sole sales representative for assigned territory, industry, accounts, and/or products.
- May establish and maintain relationships with channel partners.
- Represents the company to the customer and the customer to the company in all sales-oriented activities.
- Focuses on acquiring new customers and retaining and growing an existing installed base of customers.
- Minimal business travel or work outside office required.
- Support back end activities such as order processing, quotation generation, delivery follow up etc.
What you bring to the role:
- Seasoned individual contributor. Works under limited supervision for routine situations. Provides assistance and training to lower level employees.
- Problems typically are not routine and require analysis to understand.
- Makes minor adjustments to working methods.
- Explains practices, procedures and policies to reach agreement wit others outside of the job area.
- Provides administrative or technical support at a senior level. Proficient in the various competencies relevant to their job.
- May act as a lead or mentor to more junior technical or administrative support personnel.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Generally works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function.
- Normally receives little instruction on daily work.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- May be informal team leader.
- Two year college degree or equivalent experience and minimum 3 year experience in functional area. OR High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 years functional experience, preferably at a senior level.
- Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.