Senior Infrastructure Linux Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Plainfield, IN, United States
Job ID: 55696
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible to ensure solutions are expertly selected, designed, delivered, optimized and supported during the entire infrastructure lifecycle. In this role, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer works collaboratively with other architects, infrastructure engineers, applications teams and Technology Architecture & Business Development.
- Engineering roles in a large, complex, global environment
- Good communications skills including strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of IT Service Management framework and/or ITIL concepts and practices. ITIL certification a plus.
- Experience in UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX, AIX and Linux Suse preferred) OR experience working in the VMware/Vsphere environment OR experience working as a SAN storage administrator using EMC storage.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows based operating systems (Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows XP, Vista and Windows7) knowledge
- Experience in designing complex computing infrastructure solutions in a mid-to-large scale data center environment.
- Experience with tools, components, methodologies and protocols related to latest computing platforms particularly blades technologies (Cisco UCS Manager,
Stateless configurations and Service Profiles, Unified Fabric concept, Converged Network Adapters & Fiber Channel over Ethernet) Expert Knowledge of both Server and Desktop Virtualization technologies (VMware, Citrix, IBM PowerVM, Microsoft).
- Expert Knowledge of key virtualization concepts and how these are impacted by the computing platform.
- Deep understanding and experience in build large computing solutions that scale both vertically or horizontally.
- Detailed understanding of power and cooling requirements of enterprise and commodity servers to support data center cage design and implementation.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of : Storage Technologies, Backup solutions and methodologies (EMC, HP, IBM, Hitachi), Storage area network solutions (Cisco, Brocade) Network technologies (Cisco Nexus solution, 7k, 5K, 1K), Systems and Infrastructure Management technologies (tools from HP, BMC)
- Good knowledge of tools and solution to automate and orchestrate data center processes and workload management (BMC Bladelogic, BMC Cloud Lifecycle, VMware VDirector, Cisco NewScale) Familiarity with application software (SAP, IPlanet, WebSphere, Tibco, Apache, Veritas, MQSeries, JBoss) and databases (Oracle, DB2 and Microsoft SQL) Knowledge of Active Directory and LDAP technologies.
- Strong understanding of high availability concepts with practical experience and implementation of key components (databases, application servers, fault tolerant systems, cluster server/software, etc.)
- Working Knowledge of TCP/IP, FTP, SMTP, SendMail, NFS, DNS, BIND and other Network services. Experience with Enterprise applications and services Sensitivity to Security best practices as related to infrastructure and application architectures.
Requirements: Education: A Bachelor's Degree is nice to have but not required: Computer Science, Engineering, Science and Math or related discipline with an IT emphasis is desired.
Experience: Minimum 5-7 years of continuous experience in the following: Design, development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.