Business Development Manager IBM Security
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 55802
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing & increasing the IBM Security business across the 3 countries: Chile, Mexico & Colombia within Ingram Micro. This position will be based in Chile. The BDM will work within the local IBM Ingram teams and the vendor to better position & grow IBM security business, being a central point of contact and liaison between stakeholders from vendor management, sales, marketing, technical services, and operations for the 3 countries mentioned above. The BDM is responsible for identifying synergies with other security vendors and alliance partners offerings to maximize IBM Security revenue.
- Identify new business opportunities to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow.
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- foster and develop relationships with customers/clients
- understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives to develop and improve the business
- work strategically - carrying out necessary planning to implement operational changes
- have a good understanding of the businesses' products and be able to advise others about them
- ensure staff are on board throughout the organization, and understand the need for change and what is required of them
- discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
- attend seminars, conferences, and events where appropriate
- keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
- help to plan sales campaigns
- create a sales pipeline
- negotiate pricing with customers
- carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management/the board of directors
- develop the business sales and marketing strategy together with the vendor
- Develop service provides (MSPs) to boost big business
- Strong understanding of IBM security portfolio or services as well as business position and competition to keep business competitive
Ideal candidates possess a general understanding of security market and basic technical knowledge to grow the IBM security market share in Chile, Mexico, and Colombia.
- Minimum 2-3 total years of proven sales experience, of which 4 years in the IT industry, preferably relating to distribution and / or reselling business models
- University degree
- Specific knowledge of Security market and solutions
- Sales and business development experience preferred
- Interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
- An effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills - needed for communicating with a range of people, both internally and externally.
- Skilled in writing business plans, contributing to strategic plans, and devising reporting to track Key Performance Indicators and return on investments
- The ability to multitask and prioritize your workload
- Project management and organizational skills
- Be proactive, organized and handle work under stressful and uncertain environments
- Negotiating skills
- Proficiency in English
- Willing to travel 30% to 40% of the time