Associate Professional, IT Systems / Network Administration (Network Operations)
Job ID: 55619
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012. Position Summary:
What you bring to the role:
- Direct/Manage/Supervise the organization's computer systems and network environment to ensure optimization of overall network and supporting systems.
- Plan and execute the installation, configuration, and maintenance of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating systems.
- Maintain operating efficiency and stability, ensure the security and integrity of all systems and data, and respond to outages and other issues.
- Responsible for all aspects of system and network administration including routers, firewalls, servers, computers, hardware/software, data recovery and back up.
- Oversee application administration activities such as creating, modifying, and deleting users, optimizing remote access, and security access for messaging systems, databases, and web applications.
- Collaborate with other departments to prioritize systems/network needs and upgrade systems as necessary.
- Manage the development, testing, evaluation, and installation of enhancements.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
- Entry-level professional individual contributor on a project or work team. Work is closely supervised.
- Problems faced are not typically difficult or complex. Explains facts, policies and practices related to job area. Works on projects of limited scope and complexity.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Uses company standard policies and procedures to resolve issues in which answers can be readily obtained. Work is reviewed regularly by supervisor or more senior peers. Requires broad theoretical knowledge typically acquired from advanced education.
- Typically requires a four year college degree or equivalent experience and 0-2 years functional experience.