General Manager, Manufacturing
Fort Worth, TX, United States
Job ID: 55603
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.Position Summary:
What you bring to the role:
- Responsible for planning and managing programs to meet product delivery, quality, customer service, cost and revenue goals.
- Acting as the site leader, coordinates team efforts in support of computer systems and electronics assembly while maintaining continuity of service, and providing standardization of capabilities, systems, and processes to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Reviews requirements, identifies tasks, assigns and coordinates resources and creates/tracks project schedules.
- Ensures clear communication and timely resolution of issues. May participate in the development of strategies pertaining to program.
- Manages large team which would typically consists of both experienced professionals and supervisors/managers.
- Focus on policy and strategy implementation of operational plans. Problems faced may be difficult to moderately complex.
- Influences other outside of own job area regarding policies, process and procedures.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provide input in defining operation plans and strategies.
- Provides input into strategic decisions that impact functional area.
- Manages subordinate professional staff, may manage lower level associates through Supervisor/Manager. Works toward objectives established by upper levels of management.
- Will recommend and implement departmental specific procedures.
- Assignments are defined in terms of objectives.
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect functional area of responsibility.
- Objectives for assigned area defined by upper management.
- Latitude to make decisions to achieve goals.
- Assists executives in defining operational plans and strategies. Managers at this level may become involved in day-to-day activities where their acquired expertise and knowledge provide direction to subordinates.
- Uses interpersonal skills to influence customers, suppliers and other comparable level managers.
- Manage teams of engineers, assemblers, quality inspectors, and logistics associates in the support of computer system and electronics assembly and test
- Work with Program Management to align customer requirements with site capabilities, capacity, and availability
- Work with Program Management to coordinate customer requests, engineering and BOM change management, production scheduling and return/repair reporting
- Work with Sales, Sales Support, and Vendor Management to maintain consistent, standardized order processing and supply chain management across all sites for all customers
- Work with Warehouse Operations to promote accurate and timely delivery and processing of all components, inventory, and finished good products
- Provide operational leadership and vision to the Integration Services business unit
- Provide operational roadmaps and reporting to executive leadership
- Oversee multiple parallel work streams in fast-paced, agile environment, align them with business priorities & deadlines, and help continuously raise the bar on execution
- Understand the competitive landscape and overall trends in value added services and use these insights to shape our strategy
- Understand and prioritize customer needs (internal and external)
- Conduct various performance analyses such as gap analysis to establish differentiation and execution strategies that will lead to ultimate success
- Conduct research and analyses that lead to informed decision making on issues such as cost, utility, and timelines for production implementations
A four year college degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field) required. Minimum of a 4 year degree and 8 years functional experience including a minimum of 5 years position specific experience. Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience preferably managing through subordinate managers. Mastery over subject area, ability to make significant contributions to the company
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.