Associate Professional, IT Operations
This job posting is no longer active.
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 53448
This role is responsible for the monitoring and event management of Ingram Micro's IT infrastructure and applications which includes servers, network, database, web and application systems critical to the business. Additional responsibilities include incident management and support of daily batch job runs, systems support for all computing infrastructure, and critical incident management.
An entry-level professional individual contributor on a project or work team. Works on projects of limited scope and complexity. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
Major Responsibility: Event / Alert Management
Supporting Actions: Familiarize use of Monitoring tools (Infrastructure and Application Monitoring, Batch Jobs)
- Implement monitoring configuration for moderately critical alerts
- Monitor email generated events/monitors and daily batch job runs.
- Assign low to medium complexity to junior resources
- Prioritize alerts based on threshold levels, severity of warnings
- Interpret alerts/events generated from the monitoring tools.
- Evaluate alerts that require escalation to vendor.
- Perform standard validation steps for each alert. Make critical decisions for situations where there is no standard operating procedure or run book available.
- Escalate incident related alerts based on established process
- Facilitate bridge calls to triage alert ownership as well as to determine business impact as needed
- Stay on top of all alerts, maintenances, incidents which are happening during the shift.
- Delegate tools assignments to the associates on shift.
- Ensure critical processes are followed.
- Escalate to manager as needed.
Major Responsibility: Incident Management
Supporting Actions: Categorize and triage low to high complexity incidents
- Confirm group assignment is appropriate based on initial diagnosis. Consult and seek assistance with senior resources as needed. Reassign to appropriate group once validated and update incident journal
- Perform troubleshooting based on standard procedures and runbooks where available. Leverage appropriate resources for any issues which may or may not have any available standard procedure or run book.
- Implement the identified break/fix procedure. Inform the incident stakeholder. Document the steps taken to resolve in the incident journal.
- Ensure resolution is provided within SLA.
- Implement resolution provided by vendor for medium to complex cases.
- Participate in High Severity Incident bridge calls
Major Responsibility: Administrative Tasks
Supporting Actions: Attend and accept handover details from previous shift.
- Ensure continuity of efforts on critical alerts, incidents, request, changes. Facilitate continuous resourcing for all ongoing items.
- Consolidate all information on incidents, requests, changes, alerts encountered during shift and handover details to next shift to ensure continuous monitoring and resourcing.
- Perform any administrative and reporting tasks as delegated by more senior associates
- Facilitate training, provide guidance to junior resources on team processes, request, incident and change handling.
- Ensure that standard practices are followed
- Provide periodic reports (Capacity report, etc.). Review reports and provide assessment as basis for next action, recommendation. Take ownership of medium complexity reporting requirements
Major Responsibility: Service Request Management (REQ)
Supporting Actions: Evaluate service request details for correctness
- Determine task requirements and assess if tasks need a senior resource to fulfill. Endorse to senior resource as needed.
- Work on medium to high complexity service requests which may or may not have an available standard operating procedure or run book.
Major Responsibility: Change Management
Supporting Actions: Plan, prepare and secure RFC approvals for low to high complexity tasks
- Collaborate with cross functional teams for any RFC requirements which require multiple team effort
- Validate steps and ensure comfortability with the steps as indicated in the implementation plan. Request/endorse reassignment of complex tasks/changes to senior resources when necessary.
- Provide steps for internal team changes.
- Perform risk analysis for low to moderately critical changes.
- Implement the tasks as indicated in the technical implementation plan, validate and document necessary information in the RFC
Major Responsibility: Service Improvements
Supporting Actions: Create/Update procedures on low to medium complexity routine tasks related to REQ fulfillment and changes. Create new documentation when needed and endorse to Senior resources for review.
- Create/update related documentation on incident management
- Capture details of potentially recurring incidents
- Conduct periodic incident/alert trend analysis
- Conduct initial investigation, raise with vendor when required, seek advice from Senior resources for resolution.
- Raise request/change to implement resolution or endorse to appropriate support / applications group for resolution.
- Participate in troubleshooting and root cause analysis to help identify the solution and determine next steps to address the issue.
- Participate in implementing fix.
- Provide periodic updates on assigned problem records.
- Participate in monitoring reviews and provide recommendation to support in increasing alert detection and/or reducing false alerts.
Major Responsibility: Project Work
Supporting Actions: Accepts projects as delegated by Senior resources leading the project. Follow procedures on assigned task. Participate in project meetings/checkpoints.
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
- 4 years working in a NOC (Network Operation Center) or equivalent
- Graduate of any 4-year course, preferably IT
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Computer literate
- Familiar in the use of Monitoring tools (BMC TrueSight/Tmart, SolarWinds NPM/SAM, BMC Control-M)
- Intermediate knowledge of Operating Systems principles, Software Application principles and Network principles
- Experience in systems support of Windows and Unix environment
- Ability to understand issues related to network and willing to learn network technology
- Experience in advanced triage and impact determination
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and effectively prioritize, resolve and/or escalate as needed
- Understanding of hardware and software architectures
- Understanding of performance tuning concepts
- Experience in monitoring and supporting application batch jobs
- Understanding and practice of ITIL concepts and processes
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize on multiple initiatives
- Good documentation skills
- Good systematic troubleshooting skills
- Detail oriented, able to work effectively under deadlines in changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Able to work independently and with a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision making
- Demonstrated competency in support of global systems
- Very strong communication skills both written and verbal with strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Is effective in a variety of communication settings, 1:1, small, large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels.
- Attentively listens
- Adjusts to fit the audience and the message
- Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization
- Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions
- Gains insight into customer needs
- identifies opportunities that benefit the customer
- Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations
- Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships
- Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same
- Acts with a clear sense of ownership
- Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures
- Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results
- Designs feedback loops into work
- Needs structure in some circumstances
- Sometimes jumps to conclusions
- Moderately able to tolerate delay
- Can wait to speak
- Can deal with ambiguous situations
- Generally aware of new trends in field
- Sometimes learns new concepts
- Sometimes aware of personal weaknesses
- Generally, sets self-development goals
- Works cooperatively with other across the organization to achieve shared objectives
- Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas
- Partners with others to get work done
- Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments
- Gains trust and support of others.
- Fosters cooperation and collaboration in others through trust-building and relationships
- Creates a culture of accountability
- Works in partnership with others
- Decision Quality
- Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information
- Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions
- Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles
- Recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice
Optimizes Work Processes
- Sets and meets quality improvement targets
- Strives for efficient, effective, high quality performance
- Delivers results by deadlines
- Responds to difficult situations and takes initiative to make improvements
- Focuses on quality
- Associates in this role may be required to work in a 24/7 compressed work week or 8x5 shifting schedule which includes Philippine Holidays