Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
We offer a hybrid work model
Ingram Micro is looking for a Senior Manager, Sustainability to manage all aspects of Ingram Micro’s environmental sustainability program, Ingram Micro Planetary, and its touchpoints with Ingram Micro’s corporate ESG program. We are looking for a highly qualified candidate who can hit the ground running and help us achieve our 10 to Zero environmental sustainability goals. Responsibilities include reporting, stakeholder engagement, procurement/supply chain and relationship management. This role serves at the primary subject matter expert on environmental sustainability and must be able to manage a multi-faceted global program with minimal supervision.
- Elevate and evolve strategic environmental sustainability programs prioritizing cross-functional contribution for the implementation of key sustainability effort, including driving towards Ingram Micro’s environmental sustainability goals and internal sustainability KPIs.
- Lead all aspects of environmental sustainability data tracking and reporting, including preparation of data and reporting to support Ingram Micro’s GRI, CDP, SASB, TCFD, and other sustainability reporting.
- Manage customer and stakeholder inquiries regarding Ingram Micro’s environmental sustainability program and progress.
- Manage Ingram Micro’s global data collection and management system for environmental sustainability data, while driving for process improvements and technology deployments to continually improve accuracy and efficiency with regard to environmental sustainability data collection.
- Develop and maintain associate training materials relating to environmental sustainability and the Ingram Micro Planetary program.
- Develop environmental sustainability content to support Ingram Micro’s global ESG reporting, communications, and engagement efforts.
- Serve as Ingram Micro’s subject matter expert on environmental sustainability and monitor market and regulatory developments that can improve Ingram Micro’s environmental sustainability performance.
Master’s degree in a related field, such as sustainability, environmental management, environmental law, EHS, etc. and at least six years in a dedicated sustainability role with broad responsibilities required, OR Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least 8 years in a dedicated sustainability role with broad responsibilities required
What you bring to the role:
- The ability to influence, navigate, and communicate with top leaders across the different business units in the organization
- Be a top performer with demonstrable past success achieving relevant targets and KPIs
- Have proven experience in designing and implementing environmental sustainability programs and initiatives to scale top-performing teams and drive operational excellence
- Strong sustainability leader with 5+ years of related management experience, preferably managing through subordinate managers
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge in the space, including an understanding of global trends and leading practices (3-5 years)
- Recent hands-on experience formatting and writing sustainability reports, including in-depth knowledge of the GRI framework
- Recent hands-on experience preparing global CDP emissions inventories, including leading assurance and allocating emissions to customers
- Strong aptitude for data gathering and analytics
- Executing stakeholder engagement, preferably to the AA1000 SES
- Responding to customer requests for sustainability information, evaluating codes of conduct, and engaging in dialogue with customers and other stakeholders on sustainability issues
- Knowledge of global information management platforms, including as an administrator
- Familiarity with the EcoVadis platform and process
- Basic knowledge of renewable energy instruments and mechanisms across global markets
- Strong knowledge of sustainability mega trends, business developments, and frameworks
- Thorough understanding of data management and analysis and the ability to translate outcomes for various stakeholder groups
- Performing supplier sustainability assessments, particularly in the areas of environment and responsible purchasing
- Some experience with training development, including online curricula, workshops, etc.
- Solid understanding of emissions accounting protocols, including Scope 3 emissions
- Successful background implementing strategies that result in positive impact
- Superior business writing skills
- Effective leader
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Comfortable with virtual communications technologies
- Results oriented
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Meet deadlines while delivering high-quality outcomes
- Familiarity with Office 365 applications
- Comfortable presenting to groups
- Excellent time management, organizational, and project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
*Position may require occasional travel, including international travel
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.