Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
The Exec Dir, Global Product Management for Ingram Micro’s Global Technology and Digital Department will be a key leader on the Chief Product & Platform Officer’s team. S/he will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of Senior Technical Product Mangers, Senior Managers and Principal Product Managers to help design and launch our next generation Platform ecosystem.
- Leading creation of multi-year Agile Product Roadmaps based on overall strategy and close collaboration with the Engineering teams.
- Working with country business leaders and their staff as well as cross-functional IT leaders, including: UX, Engineering, B2B, Architecture and Innovation, to effectively align roadmaps based on company priorities, set clear and measurable objectives, and deploy team resources appropriately to achieve business goals.
- Leading Product teams to interface with all segments of key customers, with a focus on deeply understanding their needs (internal as well as external).
- Hire, mentor, and grow the capabilities of the technical product management team, championing a culture of ownership, collaboration, and results orientation.
- Oversee multiple parallel work streams in fast-paced, agile environment, align them with business priorities & deadlines, and help continuously raise the bar on execution.
- Inspire and motivate the various IT and Business teams and stakeholders to get everyone moving in the same strategic direction.
- Understand the competitive landscape for Ingram Micro and overall trends in the distribution and 3PL industry GTM and use these insights to shape our product strategy.
What you bring to the role:
- Direct hands-on experience working with Engineering teams to clearly scope, define, detail and prioritize product requirements.
- Experience developing and launching successful software products.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s desired) in Computer Science, Engineering, or related Science and Math discipline is required.
- 10+ years of IT experience working in a complex international environment with globally dispersed product management teams.
- 5+ years of experience managing high performing technical product teams of at least 10 associates.
- Management experience reporting metrics, setting standards\guidelines, implementing process improvements, team performance and management.
- Expertise in leading, defining and managing complex solutions portfolios and platforms that are globally scalable in eCommerce and B2B.
- A successful track record of defining and launching multi-tier distribution and subscription offerings.
- Experience doing research and analysis, fluency working with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ability to deconstruct industry and competitor trends to inform roadmaps.
- Strong executive presence with outstanding communication/presentation skills (verbal and written). Should have a high degree of comfort effectively presenting to executive staff, key stakeholders, and large teams.
- Experience in working with and coordinating large-scale projects across teams.
- Passion for quality and commitment to creating engaging, intuitive experiences.
- A strong leader and change agent who can energize and influence staff across functions, levels and geographies.
- Experience leading, mentoring and growing a team of product managers.
- Strong interpersonal and talent management skills, including the ability to identify and develop talent.
- Ability to work with remote partners and team members via online tools across different time zones with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Position may require occasional travel, including international travel.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.