Sr. Engineer, Software Development (COBOL)
This job posting is no longer active.
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 55880
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions.
With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Engineer primary role will be to provide support for incident tickets, as well as on-call support (on a rotational basis) for systems written in C/C++, Cobol, CICS and Oracle databases running on Windows and Linux. Support includes analyzing and providing resolution of the incidents. The resolutions should be permanent in nature, as to prevent repeat of the incidents. Permanent resolution can entail the development, testing, implementation, and monitoring of system changes. The Engineer is also responsible for following the Ingram Micro chosen applications development standards and methodologies.
The Engineer efforts will be primarily in support of resolution of incident tickets. Support of incident tickets, as well as on-call support can entail working outside of normal business hours or off shifts.
- Analyzes and provides resolution to incident tickets individual is assigned to.
- Updates progress status of incident tickets from assignment through closure of incident.
- Participates on bridge calls for high/critical level incidents.
- Documents PBI’s (Problem Incident) as needed.
- Documents SIR’s (Significant Incident Reviews) for high and critical incidents.
- Provide on-call support for resolving high/critical incidents.
- Makes modifications to existing system applications and/or develops new applications to address system failures/issues raised via incident tickets or from processing failures.
- Prepares components of development efforts for review and production implementation. These include but not limited to:
- User/technical documentation
- Detailed test plans and test results
- Prepares changes requests (travelers and RFC’s)
- Executes post implementation monitoring/support of system changes
- Designs solutions to address incidents and business requests.
- Responsible for identifying various technical/application alternatives.
- Performs efficient and effective analysis and complete task level activities, which may include but not limited to:
- Estimates for development efforts
- Recommendations for process design changes
- A Bachelor’s Degree with an IT emphasis is required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience needed in programming using the languages pertinent to the position.
- Knowledge/experience with COBOL, CICS, JCL, IMS, DB2 and Oracle Database programming language.
- Good to have experience with Microsoft C/C++, ANSI C, Cobol and Linux/Unix Operating systems.
- Familiarity of tools used in the above programing languages is required.
- Ability/desire to analyze business problems and requests from one or more sources to formulate solutions of moderate to significant complexity.
- Willing to work on a shifting schedule (esp., night/graveyard shift - no exceptions)
- Provide support during weekends / holidays.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things that you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.