IT Software Architect
Job ID: 56086
Purpose of the Role
This role is responsible for the architecture of the Ingram Micro Chile application systems. This role holds significant responsibility for providing robust and scalable business application systems to ensure the business strategies capabilities available.
The scope of this role includes system architecture, design software, developing, deployment and operational management of the local and global application in Ingram Micro.
This multi-faceted role also includes managing software engineering team, defining technology standards, SDLC and Agile software methodologies, using project management standards for controlling the projects.
Function and Responsibilities
Architecture and Planning:
- Establish the overall business system architecture documentation, implement standards and guidelines for designing and developing solutions, in collaboration with 3rd party developer vendors.
- Architect and design secure, robust, scalable applications platforms to support delivery of the IT services for Technology Solutions Business Unit. This also includes adoption of reusable technology assets to improve efficiency.
- Implement life-cycle planning for all in-scope systems and applications components.
- Ensure regular health checks of all key business systems based on business continuity and disaster recovery elements.
- Define and align standards and policies for the deployment and operation of all in-scope business systems for Technology Solutions
Acquisition and deployment:
- Foster close engagement with intern and external clients in Ingram Micro for defining business requirements and translating to software design
- Foster close engagement with infrastructure architect and global project managers to identify and document emerging requirements
- Undertake solution architecture, high-level design and/or detailed design documentation as appropriate
- Perform vendor relationship management
- Drive product evaluation and selection to meet business projects, such as proof-of-concepts, production deployment and handover operations
Required skills & experience:
- 5-7+ years work experience in diverse IT technical and management roles
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across software platforms and systems
- Experience with various technology platforms in embedded devices e.g. RFG, mobile, web, Cloud, SAP, Business Intelligence
- Prior experience in managing Vendors for meet SLA
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and understanding industry trends
- Expert technical skills in:
- Strong knowledge on developing languages (php, .Net, C++, C#, Java)
- Knowledge on integration languages (XML, EDI, RES, SOAP, API)
- Operating system on Microsoft mainly and IO
- Database knowledge on Microsoft SQL 2012, 2016
- SDLC standards
- Scrum Agile standards
- Project Management standards
- ITIL, PMP, COBIT Certification is desirable
- Communication – Ability to effectively communicate with corporate and collaborate (tech and non-tech teams), successful track records of effective vendor management. English orally and writing is required.
- Solution orientated - Develops creative, workable solutions to complex issues. Demonstrates agility and resourcefulness in identifying creative and practical solutions.
- Collaborative - Good at collaborating with business specialists, designers and developers to envision and iterate concepts. You must also appreciate ambiguity and value creative conflict in support of strong design and outcomes.
- Plan and Improve – Understanding of business drivers and all software/platform requirements, documentation understating and frameworks, project management methodologies.
- Action Orientated - Enjoys working hard – responsive and flexible. Ability to work on multiple projects at once, prioritizing tasks and deliverables, and managing expectations accordingly.
- Solves Problems - Uses rigorous logic & methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Capability to work with people in different time zones