Associate Professional, Project Management-IND
This job posting is no longer active.
Mumbai, MH, India
Job ID: 55392
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
The Associate Project Leader is the interface between various business units (or business partners) and the IT teams. They will be responsible for facilitating and communicating functional and technical requirements of projects to the IT teams. This position must have a general understanding of the technology and multi-practice disciplines associated with customer development projects and a working comprehension of the technical components of the environment.
The Associate Project Leader is required to coordinate the necessary activities in all areas of IT/Digital/eCommerce, as applicable for the successful completion of the assigned project. Management skills include strong communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of internal and client organizations (customers and vendors) to ensure project success, develop the ability to weigh alternatives/determine strategy, and gain experience in leading teams. Knowledge of all related business areas and how they interact is of significant importance. They may have staff responsibilities, limited to the tasks associated with the current project.
Leading and Collaborating with People:
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project sponsors, customers, and key systems users. Requires a working knowledge and experience in matrix and consensus management.
- Coordinates in the prioritization of new development projects, enhancement projects for existing systems and system maintenance requests.
- Works with the IT functional groups to estimates staff resource needs for analysts, programmers, user personnel, consultants and equipment.
- Leads and assists fellow associates in an effort to increase productivity and convey system/business knowledge.
- Coordinates resources across all IT disciplines: Applications Development, operations, network, ECommerce, telecom, etc.
- Leads various support teams as required from project to project and clearly identifying all team member roles and objectives.
- Upon project completion, provide team member performance feedback to supervisors/managers as needed.
- Prepares regular project status reports. Formalizes project activities and guides a project acceptance as a production system.
- Coordinates work assignments and schedules to ensure projects stay on track and within budget.
- Formulates and calculates project costs and benefits.
- Reviews documentation and assures it is complete, acceptable and in accordance with standards.
- Systems development tasks/support may include new development or ongoing production support, maintenance, small enhancements and input to prioritization.
- During new process design, considers various options and platforms such as: mainframe online systems, client-server online systems, and web-based Internet, Intranet, or Extranet-based applications. Internal system enhancement and new application packaged software should also be considered. Always conscious of system impact to change.
- During Systems development, adheres to, and maintains current applications development standards and methodologies.
- Maintains and promotes an organized and positive work environment.
- Proficient in and can execute the Systems Development Methodology (SDM) for size projects.
- Required to coordinate activities with multiple business partners.
- Works with various functional groups within the Information Technology department to understand current processes and methodologies and work towards implementing efficiencies and where feasible, improving the current processes or system.
- Targets performance improvements while analyzing systems and processes.
- Understands, analyzes, and documents cost/benefit analysis.
- Takes and exhibits initiative to further develop systems application and business knowledge.
Subject Matter Expert:
- Relates and speaks to all business areas and how they work together.
- Continuously displays a willingness and actively pursues learning new systems or technologies.
- Obtains and organizes business and operational data from one or more sources into technical options and user specifications.
- Guides the detailed design and development activities across various applications.
- Performs or coordinates problem analysis, determines and implements system solutions, escalate as appropriate to departmental management, and communicates resolutions to appropriate Information Technology management and support personnel.
- Actively looks for opportunities to develop new ideas to positively impact existing methods, services or products.
- On call support should be 7x24. Maintain level 2 on call during rotation.
- Expresses ideas and suggestions in an organized and concise manner.
- Produces documents that are clear, concise and grammatically correct.
- Solicits and readily accepts constructive feedback.
- Presents feedback to others in a tactful manner.
- Maintains composure when addressing an adversarial or hostile audience.
- Addresses conflict directly, confidentially, and appropriately.
- Researches and collects appropriate data points for effective decision making.
- Readily makes recommendations and includes necessary documentation and material to support conclusions.
Develops Innovative Practices:
- Identifies new ways to use technology to improve work processes.
- Makes a significant contribution to improving work quality.
- Recognizes when it is appropriate to challenge the status quo and when it is not.
- Considers the possible outcomes and corresponding consequences when taking risks.
Works as a Team Member:
- Supports team decisions to implement changes, suggestions, improvements, and solutions.
- Encourages and supports the exploration and application of best practices
- Offers assistance to others and shares information regardless of personal likes or dislikes.
- Enthusiastically participates in cross-functional efforts.
Acts with Integrity & Respect:
- Prevents personal conflicts from interfering with his/her objectivity.
- Consistently arrives on time for meetings and appointments.
- Accepts responsibility for the results of his/her decisions and actions.
- Behaves in a way that is consistent with Ingram Micro’s values.
- Communicates important information without compromising confidentiality.
- Effectively plans and communicates needs for resources to ensure goals are met.
- Invests in teaching others a task rather than assuming personal responsibility for the tasks.
- Takes time to thoroughly explain a task or process when training others.
- Breaks down complex tasks into simpler steps that others can more easily follow.
- Balances the need to develop others with the need to meet other responsibilities.
- Gives direct reports additional responsibility as they demonstrate competence.
- Teaches others to solve problems by asking a series of questions and leading them to the correct conclusions.
- Clearly articulates role and expectations with team members.
- Follows up to ensure that major implementation milestones are met.
- Determines the appropriate amount of direct supervision necessary when assigning work.
- Establishes clear directions and priorities for individual associates.
- Helps others to resolve conflicting priorities.
- Meets with associates regularly to discuss goals, expectations, and performance.
- Adjusts his/her management style depending on the skills and needs of his/her associates.
- Gives both positive and constructive feedback
What you bring to the role:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science and Math or a combination of equivalent education, training, and experience.
- Minimum of 1 + years of experience in project management or project related activities is preferred.
- Experience with project coordination task is preferred.
- Experience interfacing with clients is preferred
- Possess excellent communication skills both oral and in written.
- Accepts individual/team responsibilities and meets commitments.
- Takes responsibility for performance and actions.
- General knowledge of business application systems to talk to customers and formula business integration plans.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio and Project desired.
- Strong communication (i.e., written and verbal), presentation, teamwork skills and resourcefulness.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.