Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands, providing more ways to realize the promise of technology. We are on a path to transform Ingram Micro into a Digital Platform Business, based on experience and outcomes. Our strategy is intently focused on three main users (Customer, Associate, Vendor) of our Digital Platform, which will be connected via Data and Intelligence. These platforms together are the Ingram Micro Xvantage™.
The Director of Engineering has a broader primary responsibility for setting up and executing the strategy for Ingram Micro’s eCommerce applications in the areas of design, development (mapping and process), and/or support that can span across multiple business units. eCommerce is the web platform in which resellers use to purchase technology products. The Director of Product Engineering is responsible for the successful design, development, and deployment of eCommerce and integration solutions. This role is also responsible for budgets, presentations at the executive level, metric reporting, and the administrative management of IS Managers and non-managers. The Director of Product Engineering will collaborate closely with the Product Management, Global IS, Enterprise Architecture, and the Global Infrastructure teams to align the delivery of eCommerce and integration solutions.
The Director of Engineering is knowledgeable in eCommerce solutions as well as middleware and integration technologies and provides oversight to the technical team. This person will also be responsible for ensuring proper solutions are delivered and that adequate change control, rigorous testing, and training are done prior to moving changes into production. This position will contribute to improving the ability of business teams to adopt, support, and promote Ingram Micro’s capabilities. In addition, this position will contribute to continuous improvement initiatives. The Director will participate with other technical leads, managers, and directors in setting the architectural and technology roadmap for building nimble and scalable eCommerce applications and intuitive integration solutions. The Director of Product Engineering must be able to research and evaluate additional tools and services in the marketplace that can be utilized to provide enhanced functionality to our solutions and modernize systems. May be required to provide 7/24 on-call support for business-critical events.
- Lead cross-functional engineering teams to enhance and scale the Ingram Micro online applications
- Promote a culture of teamwork, respect, and innovation. Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices
- Acts as a resource to the business in the application of eCommerce technologies
- Addresses system and business issues and resolves them to have a positive effect on the entire department and not just the individual subject area
- Coordinates with and leads users in the resolution of business problems
- Identifies business opportunities and works with users in resolution
- Consolidating fragmented technology landscape with a global B2B eCommerce platform, empowering customers by providing a set of industry-leading self-service capabilities and creating a frictionless customer experience
- Understands Partner Connectivity (B2B Integration including EDI/XML/API/Flat File Integration) and ERP integration methods, tools, processes, and best practices including B2B Consolidation, and Supply Chain Automation
- Familiarity with SAP ECC and Seeburger BIS platform is preferred
- Plans business objectives and sets department’s expectations by providing direction to the team on multiple software development initiatives using primarily the .NET framework, C#, and Elasticsearch
- Stays current with new technologies and identifies opportunities for innovative ideas regarding technology selection to ensure best practices and technologies are being used
- Works with management to define business requirements and communicate product engineering initiative progress, ensuring initiatives align with business needs
- Researches and selects implemented systems that are cost-effective, scalable, high performance, and reusable
- Provides technical guidance to members of the team as appropriate
- Proactively directs, designs and develops, cutting edge E-business solutions ensuring the integration of varying technology environments
- Reduces customer impact due to applications systems issues by ensuring high quality using quality standards, performing root cause analysis, and developing a future prevention plan
- Develops and executes technical software development strategy for eCommerce applications and systems using current business roadmap by analyzing competitive trends and patterns; analyzing the technology landscape; evaluating short and long-term implications and communicating strategies and change initiatives clearly.
- Identify the training needs for the teams and partner with leadership and HR teams to conduct these training using suitable platforms
- Responsible for hiring, salary decisions, performance reviews, and career path mentorship of eCommerce leaders and professionals
- Evangelize a DevOps mindset where your teams are accountable for product from inception to sunset
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technology, and complex workflows.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Relevant Science and Math disciplines with an IS emphasis, Master’s in Computer Science preferred
- Minimum of 15+ years of programming and systems design, deployment, and management OR Master’s degree and 10 years of management experience in programming and systems design, deployment is required
- B2B eCommerce experience in building high-volume transactional websites using .NET, Java, and other front-end technologies
- Experience in breaking monolithic codebases into Microservices while moving On-Premise to a Container Cloud eCommerce Platform. Specialized in Microservices Architecture using Kubernetes (AKS or EKS)
- Experience in Automating application build and deployment with CI/CD. Define and execute the strategy to move from SysOps to DevOps. Build and Deploy Automation using Bitbucket, Jenkins, Selenium, Git
- Demonstrate technical skills and knowledge of eCommerce platforms, B2B Integration including EDI/XML/API/Flat File, B2B consolidation, Supply Chain automation, ERP (preferably SAP ECC), with expertise in at least one middleware platform such as Seeburger, TIBCO, Sterling Commerce and/or Axway
- Experience with using middleware technology to integrate ERP systems such as SAP ECC (IDOC, BAPI, RFC) and/or legacy systems
- Experience with data transport protocols such as VAN, AS1/2/3, SOAP, REST, FTP, HTTPS
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of B2B integration technologies including EDI, EDIFACT, TRADACOMS, XML, RosettaNet
- Experience with eCommerce and B2B technical implementations including map development, and middleware application configuration
- Functional knowledge in at least one of the following functional areas: Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Supply Chain, and/or Finance
- Proficiency in MS Office and SharePoint; Knowledge of Visio and Project desired.
Candidates will stand out by exhibit the following attributes:
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional demeanor
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Works effectively in a team setting
- Works efficiently across distributed teams
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and concepts
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Manage several activities in parallel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to translate customer and business needs to technical solutions
- The natural ability to be a champion for change
- Team building, Cross-Functional Collaboration, Accountability, Ownership and Defining Success Criteria for Agile/Scrum teams
- Technical knowledge of APIs, 3rd Party Systems, Legacy Systems (SAP), and integration with modern-day SaaS solutions.
Position may require occasional travel
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.